Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:24:00 -0600
On Mon, 28 May 2001 19:21:28 -0400, Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We have approx 1600
>lists with the largest list having approximately 40,000 subscriptions. I
>am wondering if Listserv will work under Windows 2000, but NT would be
>okay too.

L-Soft hosts over 3,000 lists at our hosting facility, with subscribers up to
x00,000.  All are hosted on Windows (actually most are now migrated to
Windows2000).  You will want to be sure you are running the HPO version of
LISTSERV (necessary for large subscriber lists).

>I assume I will need some sort of mail distribution software such as the
>LSMT that L-Soft offers, but I am wondering if any other options are
>available to do what we do with Qmail on our Unix system now.

Well we would of course prefer you use LSMTP but you can use any SMTP mailer you
like.  LISTSERV for NT comes with its own SMTP Receiver program and a simple
SMTP Forwarder that will get the mail to the 'real' outbound SMTP box(s).

>What's most important is that we get as quick, or quicker, delivery times
>after the migration and that reliability of Listserv improves.

Delivery speed will depend on the SMTP mailer, not on LISTSERV.

>The Web capability of Listserv via the WA cgi is also important,

This is very well developed on Windows.