"Tansin A. Darcos & Company" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 10 Nov 1993 08:11:34 -0500
From: Paul Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
-----
Mohammad ahmad moula <[log in to unmask]>, writes:

> Hello everyone what I'm asking is how I can use my name as a
> user-id within the e-mail address instead of the origional
> user-id .
>
> That's mean ( MOHAMMAD@SAKAAU03 ) instead of (CCA3411@SAKAAU03)
> within the E-mail address.
>
> Please if there is anyway to do this I hope to send me a quick
> answer for the important thing for users here.

The identifier used for mail is a function of your local system.

For example, my account on MCI Mail will receive mail when sent to the
account name of "TDARCOS".  When I send mail, that same account will
identify itself as "0005066432" and as a result accepts mail sent to
either identifier.

What your outgoing identifier is depends on local policy and on what
terms you are with the local administrator.  (S)he is the one that decides
what account identifiers are used.  If you have or can establish some sort
of good reputation, (s)he might rename your account (if that can be done;
some systems require certain types of identifiers.)

This is something only your local administrator can fix.

---
Note: All mail is read/responded every day.  If a message is sent to this
account, and you expect a reply, if one is not received within 24 hours,
resend your message; some systems do not send mail to MCI Mail correctly.

Paul Robinson - [log in to unmask]
Voted "Largest Polluter of the (IETF) list" by Randy Bush <[log in to unmask]>
-----
The following Automatic Fortune Cookie was selected only for this message:

Very few profundities can be expressed in less than 80 characters.