David Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:47:14 -0500
At 04:02 PM 4/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 15:13 4/2/98 -0500, David Rubin said:
>|Some of my subscribers are concerned that the notebooks or Web archives can
>|be used by spam harvesters to gather their E-mail addresses.
>
>If someone posts to a list that is open to public subscription, then
>regardless of archives, their addresses can be harvested.

True, the address can be seen by a list subscriber. However, with
'Review=Owners' set, the subscribers cannot be harvested by a robot trained
to review lists.

>If you have more stringent subscription requirements, then 'NOTEBOOK=
>YES,x,y,PRIVATE' should be sufficient.

Unfortunately, the web archive requires the Notebook to be set to PUBLIC.

I've seen web archives which hide the poster's E-mail address, for example,
"Joe Smith <[log in to unmask]>" becomes "Joe Smith (@blah.com)" or something
to that effect.  I am curious if there is any way to do this with
Listserv's archives.

--
Dave