Landy Manderson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Oct 1991 11:01:44 CDT
If I use this command: TELL LISTSERV SHOW NODE GITVM1
on my own LISTSERV, it works fine.

If I use this command: TELL LISTSERV AT UABDPO SHOW NODE GITVM1
from another system, LISTSERV gets a REXX error.

If I send this command to some LISTSERVs in my region, they also get REXX
errors.

The problem appears to be in the logic that sends responses back via mail
instead of messages.

I think this problem only started after I applied 17a-003o and 17a-005o a
few days ago.  The other LISTSERVs mentioned above also have 17a-003o.

Is this a known problem?  Eric, do you need more information about the
problem?  Console messages or anything like that?

Since I think LISTSERV sends a message back to Eric every time this error
occurs, I would ask for now that everybody not rush out to try to recreate
the error if you haven't encountered it.  I probably filled up Eric's mailbox
yesterday just trying to pin down the problem here.

As always, messages pointing out any error in my ways will be humbly accepted.

Thanks.