Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:12:38 -0400
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Ben Parker wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:09:52 -0400, "Emily L. Peckman"
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >We are considering upgrading but are a little hesitant with installing a
> >beta version in a production environment.
>
> At L-Soft we have been runnnning 1.8d for over 1 year now in a very high
> volume production environment, but not unix however.

   Queen's University has been running, as production, the Feb. 1998 build
of 1.8d beta under unix (Solaris 2.5 and more recently 2.6), using
Sendmail 8.8 in the case of the latter and 8.9 more recently.  The
initial 1.8d Feb. build was on top of Listserv 1.8c running under Solaris
2.5.  We did not encounter any memorable problems that could be
attributed to the Listserv software during the initial build, nor to the
subsequent move to Solaris 2.6 and sendmail 8.9.

  The only consequence of moving to 1.8d beta was a significant increase
in my popularity. ;-)

--Trish

Trish Forrest, Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario   [log in to unmask]