"Michael L. Wyland" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:32:11 -0500
At 01:03 PM 8/14/00 -0700, you wrote:
>If anyone has implemented virus scanning for a LISTSERV list, I'd like to
>know how.
>I receive the below response from LSoft tech support.
>
>-aaron

Aaron:

At CharityChannel, we run LISTSERV and LSMTP under Windows NT 4 Server.  We
use Norton AntiVirus 2000, with settings to:

*  automatically scan all incoming files for viruses;
*  automatically check for new virus definitions every hour; and
*  automatically scan our server for viruses every 24 hours.

We also strip file attachments from incoming list messages and have all
lists set for moderation.  These steps help stop the "Love Bug" type virus
-- which anti-virus software did not capture -- from being distributed to
our subscribers.

M I C H A E L   L.   W Y L A N D
Chief Operating Officer
CharityChannel.com