Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:10:18 -0500
On 28 Oct 2004 at 17:01, Doug Essinger-Hileman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The current digest is approaching 2600 lines. The last two posts are 17
> lines and 14 lines. I, and a fellow admin, have looked at those posts, and
> there are no multi-part/alternative nor GIF background issues. The digest
> is still accumulating.

2 questions:

1. What is the build date of LISTSERV? (SHOW LICENSE)

2. Did anyone edit the archives that cover the contents of the
digest?

In an old enough LISTSERV, if you remove a message from the archives
that is supposed to be in the digest, the digest can't go out and
will accumulate forever until you fix the problem. Easiest way to fix
the problem is to set Digest=No, but then you lose that particular
digest. Another way to fix the problem is to put the message back
into the archives (or at least a reasonable substitute -- I never
remove messages, only their contents which I replace with something
like "[Copyrighted material removed by list owner, please remember
never to send copyrighted material to the list]").

Francoise