Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 Jan 1991 11:43:45 +0100
Well Frank, I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm going to be
a good  user and  use my brain  and try to  see if  I can guess  what the
answer is  and save time  to other people.  Now, let's see.  If 'FOO@BAR'
sends an  AFD ADD  command, where  is LISTSERV going  to send  the files?
Hmm... Probably  to [log in to unmask]  Makes sense after  all, that's  where the
command  came from.  Now, if  [log in to unmask] sends  an AFD  ADD for  other
files, could it  be that LISTSERV would send the  files to [log in to unmask]
Hmm... Yes, it would make sense, after all that is where the command came
from. So perhaps LISTSERV might end up  with AFD entries for a given user
under several addresses, if he sent  some AFD ADD requests via TELL, some
via mail using  mail user interface 1, some using  mail user interface 2,
etc. And perhaps the user can  then choose which address will be recorded
in his AFD  list by sending the  AFD ADD commands from  that address? But
maybe I am wrong, it could well be that you have to send the request from
[log in to unmask]  to   have  it  entered  as   [log in to unmask],  and
vice-versa, you never know with computers.

  Eric