"Jonathan F. Mellette" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Oct 1991 18:32:00 EST
       Hello, I am a student at Wabash College with an idea for a new list.
I am submitting my idea here in hopes that someone might like the idea and
agree to host the list.  Please don't flame me; I'm just trying to give back
to bitnet what it has given to me...

        My idea is basically this:  Many people have been developing
relationships via Relay.  I am engaged to someone I met on relay.  She
is transferring to Purdue next year, and is currently working in Crawfordsville
where I go to school.  I knew her for a year before I met her in person, and I
know as well as anyone that "relay relationships" are hard to maintain, but
definitely possible.  This idea occured to me when about 7 or 8 of my "close"
relay friends found themselves in similar relationships to that of mine and
Kelly's (my fiancee).  I have seen that there are support groups for dieters
(and for other groups that have slipped from my mind currently), and I wish
to start a support group for those who have found relationships via relay.  It
is obvious considering the number of "pairs" on private channels every night
that many people are in this situation, and most like to talk about it with
other people.  As far as I know, the only list avalible concerning relay is the
relay users list, and this kind of discussion would probably not be suitable
for everyone on that list.  After discussing this idea with some friends, it
also occured to me that many people continue relationships via bitnet and
e-mail.  These people (I feel) could also benefit from such a list.  Any
comments (constructive good or bad) are greatly appreciated, and may be sent
directly to me, or to this list.

                                Sincerely,
                                        Jonathan

   Jonathan F. Mellette                            MellettJ@Wabash
   302 Knoll Ct. Apt #G                            In%"[log in to unmask]
   Crawfordsville, In. 47933                       Wabash College
                                                   Crawfordsville, In. 47933

     "Shoot for the moon; if you miss, at least you'll be among the stars."