Garrie Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 20:52:06 -0500
Is there any way I can get a manual update until we are able to do the
upgrade?

AND, is there reason to believe that the outdated PEERS files would explain
why we stopped working this week?  From the reports I'm getting the
NODESGEN activity did not fix the problem.  I'm still getting 'All target
nodes were unknown.' and
the other errors in the console, along with the mail coming into LISTMGR
rather than being distributed to the lists.

One of the listowners mentioned that we had problems in the past with one
of our 'upstream' distributors -- and given that I was able to successfully
send to some of the lists from some accounts outside of the WUSTL domain it
doesn't seem to be a complete shutdown, but a pretty bad one nonetheless.

I guess I'm asking two things:

Will the upgrade fix our problem?

Is there another possible answer, like somehow tracing the route of our
distribution to see if it's bogged somewhere up or down the line?

--Garrie

Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> on 08/24/2000 08:27:07 PM

Please respond to LISTSERV give-and-take forum