Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:04:15 -0500
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:39:22 CST, Conor Doyle <[log in to unmask]>  said:
> So it looks like it is still on their end?  Sorry, I'm still pretty
> inexperienced with these things.

Just remember that when some of us started, it was a lot uglier (%-hacks,
anybody?), and there wasn't a wealth of experience you could draw on if
things went horridly wrong... ;)

At least in our old age, the questions are *easy* - unlike (say) the FDDI
interface at JVNC that had a bitpattern-dependent timing problem tickled
by Bitnet traffic that hosed up the NSFNet-Bitnet gateway one summer, or
the bitnet-uucp gateway that I had that kept wedging up because the bisync
interface on the Gould PN/9080 didn't implement transparency the way an
IBM interface did (it would escape an ASCII SYN char (not to be confused
with a TCP SYN packet), but not an EBCDIC one, but not consistently).

Enough rambling, time to go back to writing a scope document and listening
to some Judas Priest cranked up high enough to drown out the distractions. ;)

/Valdis