Paul Molyski <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1992 08:32:14 PDT
On Thu, 17 Sep 92 07:53:02 PDT Joe Sparrow said:
>fyi - the note I mentioned yesterday.

We will have to start thinking about our plans soon. NetNorth is scheduled
to be no more on Aug. 1/93. That means we will not be getting a BITEARN NODES
file from CANADA01 any more. The NetNorth Admin Committee is supposed to
begin discussing the potential problems of this this fall. So far, it hasn't
started. We need to start to notify our users. We should start by notifying
people to no-longer use BITNET addressing (userid@nodeid) and start changing
now! We also need to make a decision if we want to join CREN (and start paying
fees) or try and form a "son of NetNorth" club in Canada and continue with
volunteer effort. I would like to kill BITNET connectivity soon after Aug.1/93,
but doubt we can.