John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:09:38 -0500
> One of the lists I manage is reporting the following error whenever I free
> it. This list is run under Listserv 1.8d under Tru64 Unix. The list in
> question has monthly archiving enabled. I am not sure how to fix this
> problem. What I already tried was deleting the corrsponding ".ind" file
> for this list's Feb. log file then I rebuilt the missing .ind file. That
> did nothing. I then deleted the last message from the list's Feb. notebook
> and removed the notebook's .ind file again, then rebuilt the ind file.
> Again, nothing. Any tips on how to fix this problem?

Try this.  GET your header. Replace your Digest line with Digest= No and
PUT your header back. Then FREE your list, if all looks ok with the
responce, then replace your Digest line with the original. This will re-sync
your Digest to your notebooks which I believe got out of wack.
Editing the current logxxx is not recommended at anytime.