Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:52:01 -0700
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:48:38 -0500, Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We didn't have multiple PUT jobs, it was a delete job and a single PUT job
>in the same e-mail that was rejected with the error that multiple jobs are
>not permitted.  I can reproduce it and send you the mail and the reported
>error for the mail if you like.

No.  this is normal.  The PUT command MUST be on the very first command line
(first line of message body).  Anywhere else will produce an error.  This also
means that you cannot add any other commands to the job.  EVERYTHING from line 2
to end of message is considered the  'contents' of the PUT.

Multiple deletes are fine.  Even deletes/adds, but the PUT other than on the
first line is what caused the problem.  The PUT must be a message all by itself.
Multiple PUTs require multiple messages, one message per PUT.  All other
commands can be included in a single email.