"Richard E. Lynch" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 16:50:56 EST
One of our list owners has asked me if it's possible to limit postings
to his discussion groups to text only.  Here's the request.

Is it possible to configure xxxxxxxx-L so that it catches and rejects
binary attachments?  We had a case today where a well meaning subscriber
posted a 20KB file "xxxxxxxx.wri", which is obviously a word processor
binary file.  Each paragraph in the file appeared to be a single long
line, so the file made it through the 250 line limit even through the
real number of lines was much larger.  The file was an attachment with
MIME type "application" and "octet-stream".

I'd also like to reject any form of encoded binary.  Is this possible?

Does anybody know if listserv can do this?  We're running release 1.8b of
Listserv-nje/vm.

Thanks,
Rich