Ben Chi <BEC@ALBNYVM1>
Mon, 11 Sep 89 17:14:50 EDT
(Sorry -- due to Fat Fingers, I never finished the message.  The com-
plete message follows.)

Following a tip from Eric, I find this is very easy to do.  To cause
each user LISTSERV request "TELL LISTSERV GET fileid" to be logged, you
need do only the following:

1.  LSVPUT GETLOG EXEC (PUTC    where GETLOG EXEC is the following:
/* This file access validation exit logs user GET requests.           */
ADDRESS COMMAND
ARG , req origin filelist . "*" fn ft .
IF req ^= "GET1" THEN EXIT 0
entry = DATE("U") TIME() LEFT(filelist,8) LEFT(fn,8) LEFT(ft,8) origin
"EXECIO 1 DISKW" fn "GETLOG A1 0 (VAR ENTRY FINIS"
EXIT 0
2.  TELL LISTSERV SF xxx FILEID   where "xxx FILEID" is the FILEID file
pointing to the distribution files you want to log.  RECEIVE it and
append to each item " GETLOG".  For instance, the entry for file FSCAN
EXEC:

00000019 xxx FSCAN EXEC E5/200
becomes
00000019 xxx FSCAN EXEC E5/200 GETLOG

(You can also change "*DEFAULT* E5/200" to "*DEFAULT* E5/200 GETLOG"
to cause all future additions to the FILEID file to be logged.)
Be sure when you are done that file xxx FILEID is still RECFM = F,
LRECL = 80.  Then

LSVPUT xxx FILEID (PUTC    to send the file back to LISTSERV.

That's all.  Thereafter, every time someone does a GET of FSCAN EXEC,
a line will be added to FSCAN GETLOG having the appearance

mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss xxx      FSCAN    EXEC     userid@node

the last being that of the requestor.

FSCAN GETLOG can be examined at any time, of course, by doing

TELL LISTSERV SF FSCAN GETLOG .