"Russell, D (Duncan)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:55:06 +0100
Another question I'm afraid, this time about apache and listserv running on
NT.

I have a local listserv machine which has our internal lists held on it, it
also has a couple of external lists. I have configured the web server
(apache) so it will enable access internally for everyone and externally for
a few select sites.

I have now been approached by a list owner asking if I can make the web
archives for his two lists available to the general .ac.uk domain. I know I
can grant access to the directory structure which houses the actual web
archive files to the ac.uk domain, but whenever anyone tries to get an
archive mail it fires up the wa.exe script to handle to process. I am loathe
to grant permission for the ac.uk domain to access the whole web site, or
the wa.exe script (if I can avoid it) does anyone have any suggestions as to
how I can configure either Listserv or apache so I can serve some parts of
the archives to some users and other parts to a different group ?

Thanks for your help.

Duncan