Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:11:32 -0500
At 11:01 02/22/2002 Friday, Dave wrote:
 >I was always under the impression that it was a misbehaving "vacation"
 >program that was the cause of this. But several subscribers state that
 >"most other list I subscribe to has
 >technology in place that will catch out-of-office messages."

How do they know that it is the MLM software that is "catching" it?

 >>Is there something I can do with the list configuration to stop the
 >distribution of these messages? The list is a discussion group, so it is
 >set up in such a way that replies go to the list.

Yes, UNSUBSCRIBE the user or SET to REVIEW

 >If not, is there at least some specifics I can give my subscribers about
 >why it is their fault that this is happening?

OOO messages, if at all, should go to the RFC821 MAIL FROM field, not to
the list itself nor to the poster.

It is none of my business when subscriber x has left their computer
unattended and their account available for hacking w/ them knowing it.

Pete Weiss