Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:58:59 -0500
On Dec 13, 2007, at 5:48 AM, Eric Thomas wrote:

>> Just curious, but have you considered doing development and testing
>> in
>> a VMware environment?
>
> We use VMware for x86 systems, but as far as I know it doesn't run
> on SPARC.

Eric;

I don't think VMware hosts SPARC environments, but running Solaris 10
x86 might be okay for testing purposes, but not for certification. On
Solaris 10 SPARC, you do have the option of segmenting a SPARC server
into different zones, and it might be possible to run older Solaris
SPARC versions on one or more zones for testing/certification. This is
an option you should discuss directly with Sun if it interests you.