Fri, 22 Apr 2011 11:49:00 -0400
Hi,

I manage the IEEE email environment and we have been running in stand-alone

with over 4,000 mailing list for 8 years.

Nothing to worry about except how you manage your lists.

Regards,

Nick

  From:       "ROACH, COLIN" <[log in to unmask]>

  To:         [log in to unmask]

  Date:       04/22/2011 11:37 AM

  Subject:    Runmode Configuration

  Sent by:    "LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

For the past month or so we’ve been having problems with receiving

inter-listserv messages. I have been working with LSOFT support and after

reviewing log files from both ends (other organization’s log and our logs)

we’re all at a loss as to why some of our users are able to receive

messages from other listserv environments and some are not. About the only

thing I can think of to try is to take our listserv out of NETWORKED mode

and into STANDALONE mode. LSoft Support has said that a few large listserv

environments have done this over the years. My question to anyone who has

done this is, what should I expect when switching to STANDALONE mode? I’m

not really worried about bandwidth as I know this would increase to some

extent.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin

Colin Roach | Systems Administrator | Information Services Server Support |

Kent State University

1550 Johnston Drive | Kent, OH 44242 | T: 330.672.4821 | F: 330.672.4023

[log in to unmask] | http://www.kent.edu/is/server

      http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1