Doug Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:07:12 -0400
We run Listserv on a Compaq Proliant 1600. We have also run it on a Proliant
3000 and in beta testing we ran it on a DeskPro 400 with 128M ram. All
without problems. Each machine is NT4 sp6. We are about to migrate to WIN2K.

It doesn't sound Listserv related. I am confused, however, about your
statement that they run for a week but fail upon NT startup. Does everything
run OK and then the system halts ? If it only fails on startup, set your
Listserv services to manual start. Let NT come up, run for a while and then
manually start your services. This will isolate any Listserv startup issues.

Doug

Doug Wheeler
Server Analyst - Information Resources
Georgia-Pacific Corporation
Neenah Technical Center
email : mailto:[log in to unmask]
voice : 920.729.8178 fax : 920.729.8164

-----Original Message-----
From: Deak, Lynda [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 2:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Memory Errors on NT4.0

I have been desperately trying to migrate two LISTSERV servers onto new
hardware.  The new hardware systems are Compaq DL380's with 3200 Raid
Controllers.
They each have 1gb of RAM.  They are running NT4.0 SP6.  I have not been
able to sucessfully run these servers for more than a week before they
start to report System Halts after NT loads during start up of services.
We have replaced the memory and I am still having the same problem.
Here is the question.  Are there any known problems with Compaq's Hardware
or NT4.0 sp6 running LISTSERV or LSMTP.