jennifer hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 06:29:32 -0500
We are a small but growing local therapy dog group. Our name says it all: WOOF (standing for We Offer Our Friends) Therapy Dogs. Our group of dog/handler teams visit school reading programs (we have 2nd grade kids read to our dogs - it offers them an enjoyable, nonthreatening way to learn to read), children at our local Center for the Prevention of Abuse, and several senior citizen assisted living centers, nursing homes and a couple other places. Our goal is to bring a smile, if even only for a few minutes, to others.

Our group is entirely volunteers. We do not charge for our visits. We are basically just a group of friends with qualified dogs. For this reason, our resources are limited and I am looking for someone who can help us for free or at a low cost.

As our group grows, it becomes more difficult to keep track of everyone's email and it's easy to forget to send a message meant for all to one of our members. So we would like to have a basic mail list so that we can send to a central email address and know that all members will receive our notices. We need to be assured that everyone knows of upcoming group visits, member meetings, and discuss matters relating to our dogs, members, or schedule. Archiving of messages is really not needed. But it would be nice (though not necessary) if we could have a group website to post our calendar and to help raise awareness of our group.

I do not normally follow this list, so if interested, PLEASE send your offer to my PRIVATE address:
(Farley is my dog who does WOOF visits with me, BTW).

Thank you so much,
-Jen;)Turtle & Farley<3
Sent from my iPhone