Trevor C Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jan 1994 12:17:36 EST
Thanks for responses to my recent query on changing from: field on
outgoing Listserv distributions.

We run SMTP 2.2 so I suppose I now have to delve into the arcane
world of rewriting headers. Although this is not the list for
such discussions if anyone has a rules file that will ensure
Internet style addressing and strip the .Bitnet off outgoing
Listserv stuff I would most appreciate it. SMTP comes with "default"
rules values but where these are stored is anyones guess as no
actual rules file seems to kom mit. Does this mean I would have
to copy by hand all the default rules into a file just to make
my own mod ! What a drag.
I was hoping to avoid such horrors.

Eric's suggestion of setting parms in the list themselves I will
look into also.

Yes, we are on 1.7f. Santa did not bring me any cash this year.
How many lumps of coal does it take to buy 1.8 ?

Regards,
Trevor C Poole
Deep in darkest Michigan