"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Thu, 7 Sep 89 19:17:47 EDT
On Thu, 7 Sep 89 16:56:52 GMT Eric Thomas said:
>I can't  propose any technical solution  to this problem, only  a "common
>sense"  one: when  a new  file is  made available  to the  world on  this
>filelist, the  person that  does so  should send  a note  to the  list to
>inform the world about it, rather than play Vogon captain :-)
The method I have used is to create a PACKAGE that includes everything
in the FILELIST, and then the person is FUI to the $PACKAGE file.
This is definitely NOT something you would want to do to an public
package.  It actually works quite well.  In fact, I have a similar mod
that Peter from YALE described, that allows me to update the FILELIST,
and consequently the PACKAGE, without a GET, but simply LSVPUT.

>  Eric

Harry