Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 00:03:50 EST
On Wed, 15 Feb 1995 16:39:23 GMT Samer Farha said:

>Actually, LISTSERV is one of the most complicated and hence CPU intensive
>programs out there.

I really have to disagree with that statement.  Yes, LISTSERV *is* rather
complex, but it is also very efficient at what it does.  In my experience
it doesn't use very much of the CPU at all - I mean well under 1%.

Of course, it generates mail, and some of that mail uses other resources on
its way out to the world, such as passing through mailer, smtp etc.  And in
my opinion, if you want to talk about junk, talk about IBM's SMTP.

Bill Gruber
City University of New York Computer Center