Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:06:38 -0400
On Sep 29, 2005, at 10:29 AM, Graham Tolliver wrote:

> Hello Stan,
>
> I appreciate your speed response.
>
> That white paper indicates that it is for moving an existing
> ListServ to
> a new server without loosing mailing lists and settings.
>
> My situation is slightly different, in that I am upgrading the
> existing
> ListServ with the new version and Rebranding.
>
> Maybe I am reading to much into it, and It might be very similar.

Seems to me the only special consideration is your use of customized
template files. Maybe I am missing something, but it seems to me, all
you need to do is back up your new template files (just in case) and
then make sure they are in the new LISTSERV installation's home
directory after you complete the software upgrade with the proper
permissions.
Of course, you should back up your LISTSERV's entire home directory
anyway before you proceed with your upgrade.