James Chamier <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Feb 2015 18:09:29 +0000
We see similar problems with the younger generation, who want to do
sales or project management, or software development, but never
hardware or system support roles. I think the educational
establishment generically has observed the off-shoring of IT by the
big hardware / consulting firms (IBM, HP etc) and they're advising
their graduates to go into the management skills. Either that or the
younger generation aren't interested in how it works, they just want a
job they can get paid for ? Not sure.

I'm in the UK btw, so its the same here.