Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:59:55 -0400
Along with the register command, she may also want to send

   subscribe listname correctfirstname correctlastname

to cause the .list entry to be updated with the desired names too - I
am not sure if register scans all the lists to make changes everywhere,
or update just the signup files.  Or visit her subscription entry on the
particular list, via the web interface and change it that way - or the
relevant listowner could do this for her.

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/28 2:23 PM >>>
There is one subscriber that is on a number of lists on my server.  I
found that her name is spelled wrong in one .LIST file and in
SIGNUP.FILES.  She is complaining that her name is spelled wrong when
she
posts to lists where her full name is spelled correctly.  Is this
being
controlled by the SIGNUP.FILES?  Can I edit it directly?

I am running Listserv 1.8e on Windows 2000.
---

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM / Hormel's new miracle meat in a can
Tastes fine, saves time. / If you want something grand, / Ask for
SPAM!
         - Hormel's 1937 jingle for SPAM

William Brown
Messaging/Filtering Services