Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 16:54:36 -0500
On Mon, 27 Feb 1995, Eric Thomas wrote:

> I'll bet there are in fact  two WELCOME/FAREWELL files with the same name
> but in different filelists. LISTSERV internally follows the same steps as
> the GET command to  read the files, so it makes sense  that GET gives you
> the same result  as SUBSCRIBE or SIGNOFF. Perhaps the  reason PUT gives a
> different result is that you specify the name of the filelist on your PUT
> command?

I'm searching other filelists now per your suggestion.  Another
detective question: should not my list's filelist show only filenames
that properly belong in my list?  I ask because my old FAREWELL file is 70
lines long, and when I PUT listname FAREWELL listname  with new text that
is 300 lines long, after that PUT is confirmed the new filelist still
shows that FAREWELL is 70 lines long.  This suggests to me that the PUT
didn't go where I had put it.  Could a mis-filed FAREWELL (the "old"
FAREWELL that I can't get rid of) still show up in my filelist?

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]