Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:25:20 -0500
>hello...
>i'm running listserv classic on solaris and relaying to lsmtp on windows.
>we've been sending out bulk email to several announcement-only lists with
>large amounts of subscribers. this has worked very well in the past, but now
>it seems that the listserver is not responding. i have tried to send it
>'thanks' commands and review lists, and receive no response (though syslog
>shows that my messages are being received). also, we have a couple of small
>lists where messages are sent frequently throughout the day, and people have
>not been receiving anything from them. both listserv and lsmtp appear to up
>and running...
>any ideas as to why it is not responding?
>thanks,

How is LISTSERV supposed to get incoming email?  Is it via sendmail
or some other email program?

Basically I would make sure that the program that is supposed to be
listening on port 25 on the LISTSERV box is running.  If it is
running I'd look in the sendmail (or whatever) logs to make sure that
the mail you're sending is making it that far at least, and also to
see if it records any errors transferring the messages to LISTSERV.

You may also want to look at the aliases file(s) to make sure that
they are set up properly to hand off mail to LISTSERV.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started.  Please reply if you
need further assistance or information.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support