John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:07:51 -0500
> I put the following in my go.user file (running Listerv 1.8d):
> WWW_SHOW_LISTS="1"
> export WWW_SHOW_LISTS
>
> ... but the behavior for listowners with more than 50 lists
> didn't change.   Does this only apply to 1.8e or did I do
> something wrong?

In 1.8d (or 1.8e) the drop-down NEVER shows more than 50 lists. In 1.8d
you either have the drop-down, or you don't.

In 1.8e, WWW_SHOW_LISTS=x   has no effect at all. The advantage 1.8e has
over 1.8d is LISTSERV will display a sub-menu under the drop-down if the
logged in owner has over 50 lists. e.g,  if an owner has 150 lists, the
menu might display:

(A-G)  (H-S)  (T-Z)

If the owner wanted to access the JBK-L  list, they would select (H-S)
which would be a drop-down of 50 lists. The first listname beginning with
"H"  and the last beginning with "S".

When using 1.8d the best way to handle this problem is for the owner to
use the "Command" button first, then issue a LIST command to get a list of
each list they own. Copy the listname, go back and paste it in. That's the
way I did it anyway when I couldn't remember the spelling of the listname.