"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Tue, 23 Aug 88 19:40:40 GMT
- LSTSRV-L is the list that you know,  with a bunch of subscribers and a bunch
  of messages every day. An open forum for discussion on LISTSERV. A number of
  maintainers simply do not  have time to read it, and I  can't blame them for
  that.

- LSTSRV-M  is a  closed list  reserved  to LISTSERV  maintainers (normally  1
  person per site - I don't object to >1  per site as long as I'm not asked to
  add/delete people from  it every other day). Only  LISTSERV coordinators can
  mail  to it,  and we  use it  only for  announcing new  features or  sending
  important warnings. It is archived on LISTSERV@CEARN, and these archives are
  public  (ie  anybody  can  read  them). LSTSRV-M  announcements  are  to  be
  considered as  official temporary additions  to the LISTSERV  library, until
  such time  as the actual docs  get updated (or  written if they are  not yet
  available :-) ). In order to make  it easier to LDBASE the archives, I stick
  to the rule  that 1 message = 1  subject, even though it may  mean sending 3
  messages one  after the  other. Since  I assume that  these postings  are of
  interest  to the  LSTSRV-L people,  I  always cc:  LSTSRV-L when  I mail  to
  LSTSRV-M.

Eric