Hobart Braden <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Nov 1993 12:28:22 EST
A list owner here would like the server to send some instructions
by e-mail automatically to people requesting new subscriptions.
Subscription to his list is 'By_owner', and he routinely requests
further information, etc., from people who send 'sub ...' commands.
It would be helpful to him if this process could take place automatically.

I have looked in $DEFAULT MAILFORM for an appropriate tag, and I
have tried to find relevant correspondence in the list archives
with LDBASE, all without success.

Can anyone help me with information about the following, or
by suggesting other solutions to this problem???

(1) Is there such a thing as a "user exit" possible when the
    "Your request has been forwarded to the list owner..." message
    is being created and sent to the subscription requestor?

(2) Is there an option to provide a message for this event
    in $DEFAULT MAILFORM?

Thanks for any help, suggestions, documentation pointers that anyone
can provide
--
Hobart Braden