Derek Diget <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 May 2013 12:32:25 -0400
On May 6, 2013 at 11:20 -0400, Barry D. Krawchuk wrote:
=>The two addresses in the From: field sped up delivery to our internal
=>subscribers. The efficiency had to be sacrificed to make sure mail was
=>delivered to gmail.

Note that two or more email addresses are valid in _a_ RFC5322.From
header, but having multiple RFC5322.From _headers_ is not valid.

As Valdis posted earlier today, if you have multiple addresses in a
RFC5322.From header, then you must have a RFC5322.Sender header with a
single address to be valid/up to spec.

So, can the system that generates the original message add a Sender
header of the "agent responsible for the actual transmission of the
message"?  Or can LISTSERV?  (I am not a LISTSERV admin, but we run one
on campus, so I lurk here.)  See section 3.6.2 of RFC 5322
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5322.txt>.