Peter Molnar <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Sep 1993 18:07:57 EST
We have a list that does a lot of file-serving and we regularly back up
files stored on this list by running a routine that looks at the
'listname FILEID' file.   However, we just noticed that if a file is
removed from the filelist, it remains in the FILEID file (and,
causes our backup routine to generate error messages because it tries
to backup nonexistant files).

It would seem reasonable, at first glance, that when a file is deleted,
all references to it are deleted as well.  How does Listserv clean up
the * fileid files?  Or do they just continue to grow and grow over the
list's lifespan?

Peter Molnar