Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Tue, 03 Feb 87 12:43:37 CST
I have seen files go into, or through, OHSTVMA and end up there or somewhere
with the wrong record count.  Sometimes slightly off, sometimes grossly off.
The other day a file was sent from UIUCVMD to somewhere the other side of
OHSTVMA.  It made it to OHSTVMA is a couple of hours.  It had nearly EIGHT
MILLION records when it was queried at OHSTVMA.  A file having really that
many would have taken a whole day per link.  Also, the INFOHAMS list that
I am the first point in BITNET for gets duplicates sometimes.  They come to
me through OHSTVMA.  Also, a subscriber at UOFT01 reports duplicates that
sometimes I got on LISTSERV and sometimes that I did NOT get.  They have
to go BACK THROUGH OHSTVMA to get to him.  Would someone who is close to
OHSTVMA, but not adjacent, and NOT through UICVM, like to help me with a
test involving the transmission both ways of a number of test files?  If
I am going to accuse RSCS V2 of wrongdoing (gee, I guess maybe I already
have) then I will need to find some proof.