Tim Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:32:52 -0400
Thanks Ben. I will check the link you gave. Thanks for the info!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Parker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 8:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Couple of ListServ Questions 1.8e/Win2k

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:03:59 -0400, Tim Parker <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>1. We currently are not using the web interface except for internal
>users (not our e-commerce users) so we have it "protected" by NT
>authentication. So there are access denied errors to a few web file.

LISTSERV provides a means to allow access to the WWW interface to be
limited to a specified range of IP addresses, so you don't need to use NT
Auth to do this...

See  http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/sitemgr/appendb.html#keyService

>If I run the ListServ & LSMTP services under a specific account, I can
>then grant access to that account right?

You can run LISTSERV under another account, LSMTP runs as SYSTEM but it
doesn't matter since it has nothing to do with WWW.

>2. It appears, can't believe I never noticed this before, that this is
>only using one processor on our box. Is it possible to get it to use
>two? How?

LSV is single threaded, so uses only 1 proc.  LSMTP can run on 2, but
requires a special license to do so, by default it only runs on 1.  SMTP is
not the kind of network process that benefits from more cpu horsepower.