"Good, Donald" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 May 2001 13:33:51 -0500
One thing you might consider is to consolidate related lists and use the
TOPIC feature.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Morrison [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 11:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Disabling the spoof detector

We currently host over 700 IT related mail lists in which many users may
wish to subscribe to more than 50 of them. In one instance
we have a utility witch will attempt to subscribe someone to 46 lists at
once. This is all done through a regular subscribe request,
not an add.

Is their any way to disable the anti-spoofing abilities of Listserv? In the
event that this may not be possible/wise what are my
alternatives?

We must have the ability to subscribe someone to more than 50 lists in an
hour. They should also need to confirm their request,
incase our utility was used for a malicious intent. I do understand being
inundated with 50+ confirmation requests is malicious
itself.

-Thanks
John Morrison