"David E. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 14:46:45 -0800
Hi,

We are about to begin evaluating listserv on a Sun Ultrasparc 256MB RAM,
2 GB free disk space, Solaris and wish to use Software.Com's Post.Office
as our mail server.  As far as we can tell, it appears that listserv is
installed successfully.  We edited the go.user script and entering "go"
brings up a series of messages the first being that  LISTSERV is
starting with the last  stating "Initialization complete".  However,
sending commands to LISTSERV like RELEASE or INFO return nothing.

We think our problem is getting Post.Office's program delivery option to
function. In Post.Office, we've set up two accounts, one for listserv
and the other for owner-listserv.  In the account setup, their is an
option we checked called "Program Delivery".  For each account, we
specified a username called listserv and for the program we specified
"|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /var/listserv/spool listserv" and
"|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /var/listserv/spool owner-listserv"
respectively, including the doublke quotes..

My questions for this part are:
1.  Do we need the double quotes?
2.  Do we need the | at the beginning of each of the two programs?

Also, it appears that their is another step necessary for Post.Office's
program delivery to work.  The Post.Office documentation indicates that
trusted programs must be set up.  Has anybody done this?

If anyone has setup LISTSERV to work with Post.Office in a Unix
environment, any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
David Davis
Environmental Systems Research Institute, Redlands, CA
909-793-2853 ext. 1625                  [log in to unmask]