"David Boyes (Network Postmaster)" <556@OREGON1>
Mon, 07 Sep 87 13:52:25 PST
My vote goes to both sender and  receiver, especially if RSCS V2 gets involved
somewhere. What if  the receiver gets a corrupted file  c/o some friendly RSCS
V2 site somewhere? That could cause some real problems.

The point  about one side  being a server is  well taken, though.  Perhaps you
could include  a variable containing  a list of userid@node  combinations that
should never  receive 'fail' mail that  includes most of the  major known file
servers. I  think that we could  probably get most  of the info it  would need
from Chris Condon's BITNET SERVERS file.

Ideas? Comments?

David Boyes       (503) 686-4394     |BITNET: 556@OREGON1
Systems Group                        |ARPA  : 556%OREGON1.BITNET@
University of Oregon Computing Center|          WISCVM.WISC.EDU

  UUCP: [your fav backbone]...!tektronix!uoregon!oregon2!oregon1!556