Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 19:56:04 -0700
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:29:09 -0500, Paul <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When using the bulk add of users to a list, we get a cgi timeout when
>trying to add 5000 users to a list.  Is this normal behavior?

Yes, if you are using LISTSERV Classic.  Bulk-adding 5000 users will take
approx 30 min for Classic.  For LISTSERV HPO version it will take 2-3 minutes.
Ask your L-Soft Sales Rep for upgrade pricing information.

Note that the cgi times out on the response.  This does not mean the users are
not all added, if you allow adequate time (check the LISTSERV Log file for
details).