Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 May 1991 14:06:59 MST
Per the recent discussion re some undeliverable mail that had  an
unknown address in the "from" line.   On the words-l list some
folks have the habit of making  "cute" from lines.

so you get things like:

or

and so forth.

It is "cute" and is "harmless" I guess, as long as the addresses are
obvious enough to let almost anyone know they aren't real addresses.
some know who the folks are that do it.  I don't.  I do wonder how much
mail  gets sent to the bitbucket, however, as the result of it.

Is there any chance the mail in question is from someone "being cute"??

dan

| Dan Lester             | 1910 University Dr. | Bitnet: ALILESTE@IDBSU   |
| Library                | Boise, Idaho  83725 | Internet:                |
| Boise State University | (208) 385-1234      | [log in to unmask] |