Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 20:30:22 +0200
On Thu, 7 Sep 1995 14:29:28 -0400 [log in to unmask] said:

>I addressed this same  problem to Eric Allman a few  days ago. He agreed
>that the Sendmail default  of 17 is too low - I asked  him for 32 or so,
>but it looks like Sendmail 8.7 will ship with a default of 25.

Personally, I  use 40. There  isn't really any  "cost" in using  a larger
number, unless  you put your  mail in a loop.  And if it's  looping, it's
going to be  busy until fixed anyway. In a  mailing list context, there's
plenty of incoming mail  to keep it looping as fast  as it can regardless
of whether it stops after 25 or 40 iterations.

  Eric