"Christopher M. Condon" <BITLIB@YALEVMX>
Sun, 22 Feb 87 18:55:16 EST

If anyone guessed, those were my jobs that Bill let through the CUNYVM
Listserv.  I, for one, am grateful that he did this, considering that it was
late on a Saturday night and one wouldn't expect someone to be keeping an eye
on things.

Unfortunately, it seems that it didn't make it through after all.  I waited
for my usual slew of Listserv DIST confirmations and got... zilch.  Now,
normally, I would expect some of those to arrive even within a few minutes,
but, nothing happened.  I finally got a 1500 line message from the CUNYVM
Listserv which listed all/most of the userids on the dist list as invalid.
Going out on a limb, I have made the assumption that something still went
wrong, so I have re-distributed my files via LISTSERV@UTCVM (on the OTHER side
of CUNY).  No problem.  It works fine.  At worst, the people on THIS side of
CUNY will get 2 copies of the files I sent.  I have the feeling, however, that
CUNY will reject the job from UTC, so nothing will be duplicated on this side
(The CLVM Listserv took care of that with the original Dist).

                     At least, that's the theory...

                             Chris