Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 02:12:33 +0100
The good thing nowadays is that all e-mail clients seem to support folder filtering rules based on 'To:' addresses (rather than string matches in the 'To:' field that may or may not be mangled by this or that poster's client). This is actually more reliable than subject tags because sometimes subjects get split or people change them. I would go as far as saying that subject tags are obsolete for folder triage, but remain convenient when you route several lists in the same folder and want to quickly see what came from what list. So I would try user education first.

  Eric