Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Sep 1991 22:34:55 +0200
What's going on  is that you haven't been reading  the messages posted on
the LSTSRV-M list regarding new versions  of the code and support for the
new format. You are not alone: many people give me a userid whose mail is
never checked  and ends up  deleted by the spool  cleaner when I  ask who
will be  in charge of  LISTSERV. I'm afraid it  isn't obvious to  me that
AKURCZYN@ITESMVF1  is where  I should  sent mail  I was  told to  send to
[log in to unmask] Apparently it is obvious to you, as you didn't mention
the nodename you had a problem with and it took me 5 minutes to find out.

Anyway what  happened is that you  were sent 1.7a like  everyone in july,
but your server  didn't load it, either because it  was running a BITEARN
NODES file older  than VERS9010 or because  it ran out of  disk space and
the  postmaster did  not  take action  when  he got  the  logs and  error
messages.  In either  case  it is  clear  that your  site  is not  taking
reasonable care  of the server;  thank you for  reminding me that  it was
part of the backbone, this is clearly something I should correct.

  Eric