Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:18:20 -0500
>Hello,
>
>I have my lists set to no attachments.  MYPARTY slipped through.  How did that
>happen and how can I stop it?--

The attachment in the MYPARTY virus emails was UUencoded, not MIME,
so "Attachments= No" wouldn't stop it.  1.8e is expected to allow you
to reject UUencoded attachments also if desired and will also include
an automatic virus detection feature for additional security.

In the interem you can use the Sizelim= keyword as an extra guard
against viruses.  I believe the MYPARTY emails were about 900 lines
long.

There's been a discussion of MYPARTY over on LSTOWN-L recently under
the subject "Plain Text Virus (W32.myparty)" that you may wish to
have a look at.  The LSTOWN-L archives are at
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lstown-l.html .
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc

Support is available 9:00-18:00 ET, Monday-Friday
except on the following holidays:
http://www.lsoft.com/products/default.asp?item=holidays