Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:34:13 -0500
text/plain (46 lines)
If you are able to access the list configuration via the web interface, just go in that way and remove the list_address line, then save the configuration.  If you can't get to it via the web, and aren't sure about using the get/put email methods, it probably would be better to involve your site administrator.  If you use the PUT and don't get it right, you'll probably wind up having to involve the admin anyway.

>>> Steve Eckard <[log in to unmask]> 02/22/08 10:06 AM >>>
Melissa, I obviously plead ignorance. I manage to get the configuration sent to my email and see where he has added the "List_address". Can you give me the exact command? Thanks again.

---- Original message ----
>Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:30:27 -0500
>From: "Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>  
>Subject: Re: list name change  
>To: [log in to unmask] 
>
>Steve,
>
>I've seen this a few times.  A list owner has probably added the "List-Address" keyword to their header.  Once they do that, you can't see the list in the web user interface (at least you can't in version 14.5.)  The only way I know of to change it back is to use the e-mail interface and GET the header with the "GET listname (HEADER" command.  Delete the "List-Address" keyword and PUT the header back.
>
>If they really want the listname changed, there is a set of actions documented in the Site Manager's manual which explains how to do this.
>
>I'm not sure if this is your problem, but this has been my experience.
>
>
>Melissa Kenny
> 
>IIS Administrator
>Harvard Medical School IT
>107 Avenue Louis Pasteur
>Center for Educational Technology
>Boston, MA 02115
>(617) 432-4296 (desk)
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Eckard
>Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 8:48 AM
>To: [log in to unmask] 
>Subject: [LSTSRV-L] list name change
>
>I have the following in a problem call that I received. I mostly just set up the lists and give access. I did not know this could be done by a list owner or even an administrator very easily. Can someone possibly tell me how he did this and if I can "change" the name of the list back? Thanks.
>
>User accidentally changed settings in listserv and changed the name of the listserv and is locked out of it now
>the old name was:
>msse-370-course-list-l
>and it got changed to:
>msse-370
>

ATOM RSS1 RSS2