Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:34:10 -0400
Greetings fellow site maintainers,

We are (hopefully not the only site) using Sendmail with Listserv
on an AIX system.  We are having a problem with spammers using
the system (not Listserv, just SMTP) as a relay.  We want to use
the anti-relay stuff in Sendmail (like that FR line...) to
stop this, but I'm a little nervous because I know that some
anti-spam stuff (at least if misconfigured) causes problems for
Listserv.  Is there a Listserv-aware Sendmail guru out there who
can tell me what if anything I need to watch out for?  (Failing
that, if anybody sees any Listserv jobs being rejected by MSU
please let me know immediately - although we're not a backbone
site so hopefully we won't cause too much trouble if we mess
things up....)

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
Michigan State University Computer Lab