Jen Beaven-Leibow <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Mar 1992 09:32:32 EST
 I'm having problems with mail from an MVS user at another site. She can't
get LISTSERV to reply to her or understand that her mail is mail. However,
RiceMail understands it and I have no problems sending back to her. The
files she sends are SYSTEM OUTPUT, class M, reasonable headers.
 Like I said, she's not at this site, and I have no control over whatever
software her site is using for mail. She is the former keeper of a list that
was a list of users passed around & kept up by hand. When the user on the list
at my site asked for help getting this mess into his NAMES file I suggested
we put up a LISTSERV list. Now only the original owner of the list has no
access to it! She can't send to the list or get a command to LISTSERV.
 Is there anything I can do to fix or kludge around the problem?

 Here's the relevant log stuff:
20 Mar 1992 13:43:26 Processing file (4439) from SYSTEM@SUAIS
20 Mar 1992 13:43:27 From SYSTEM@SUAIS: Date:  Friday, 20 March 1992  1:40pm
20 Mar 1992 13:43:27 To   SYSTEM@SUAIS: Unknown command -- "DATE:". Try HELP.